Thursday 5 July 2012

Coming up next week on the blog...

Starting next week, I'll be posting a series of blog entries about planning and building your author website (although if you're not an author, you'll still be able to follow through the series and get something out of it). The series will be spread out over several months, and I'll cover absolutely every aspect of making a website, from the first concept through to the completed site.

I'm going to actually plan and build a website as I go along with this series, and you're going to be getting it 'live'. I'll be doing the work as I blog about it, so you'll get to see the process in its full glory, or you'll get to see a complete disaster. Probably a bit of both. It's like reality TV. But with less TV, and more reality.

If you're thinking of getting an author website, this is the series for you!

First up, I'll introduce you to a novel method (yes, there's a pun there; yes, you'll have to wait until next week to find out what it is (and, yes, I am now trailing puns...)) for figuring out exactly what you should have on your website and how you should create and present it. By the end of this stage, you'll be putting together the actual content for your website, all before you even have a sniff of the design.

Watch this blog if you want to follow along.

Also...

Further into the future, I'm going to be running a series of blog posts on how to convert your manuscript into an ebook and format it. Stay tuned for that too. And shout at me (virtually) if I'm taking too long to getting around to that one.

No comments: